Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 12 - A very Suess Day

Pinhole Joshua Tree
Tuesday April 12th 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Please excuse the rest of this post.  I made a promise to post in Dr. Suess format at least once... so here it goes.

Fantastic fantastic, today I took flight,
I slamwoozled my car to a great new height,
Over hills and great tunnels,
past Mamoozlers great funnels,
By ski hills and small towns,
by tall trees and sad clowns.

The places i journeyed proved great wonder
but my lack of good bedding was a blunder
I sat and pondered got down to brass tacks
So i gave up and saw a great IMAX
the museum was empty without a soul in sight,
I got in the car and drove off into the night,

I sat on the patio watching the bustle,
people were moving with such a hustle.
there were men of all heights,
and women with black tights.
I sat with a man from town,
he made sure i didn't frown.

Some towns had wingwuzzlers,
others had clingfuzlers,
But no town had the worst of all
things either big, or small
not things that could fly,
no not things you can buy,
the things i couldnt seem to find,
the friends i had stuck in mind.

So what ever road you travel today,
what ever you see along the way
there is one thing you can't miss out,
one thing traveling needs no doubt,
the people of the road are the great,
as are the friends at home in wait.

Okay, so that was awful.  I am not Dr. Suess, but to be fair he isn't really a Doctor.   Recap of the day incase my poem didnt make it clear.

I didn't do anything today really awesome.  I went to a bar that has the most beer on tap anywhere in the world. I went to an IMAX narrated by Morgan Freeman, which was awesome.  I spent most of the day just enjoying being around where I was.  But at the end of the day, I started to miss family and friends, and then I realized i had nowhere to stay tonight.  So I am staying at a less than awesome hotel, but really it isn't bad.

Song of the day - Pump It Up - Elvis Costello
Zion pinhole

Zion Pinhole from above.  That turn is where the other photos is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment