Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 15 A recap edition

Little Rock, with Ben Lee Ann ( Canucks game in behind)

Friday April 15th 2011.
Little Rock, Arkansas

Well, with the exception of the weather providing entertainment yesterday, these last two days have really just been about traveling and getting from point A to point B.  Which is how the road is sometimes, and don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in the journey being more important than the destination.   I am in Little Rock tonight, visiting with Ben.  For those of you who don't know Ben he is worth knowing.  So I figured today I would post more as a look back at 2 weeks on the road, the longest road trip I have done as of yet.


States Visited- 10 (Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas)
National Parks -6 +1  (Redwood, Joshua Tree, Zion, Grand Canyon, Arches, Great Sand Dune) (Monument valley is a Tribal Park)
Distance Traveled - have to leave something to the imagination
Couches surfed - 6
Nights Camped - 2
Juice Boxes drank -36
Granola bars consumed daily - 3-5
Playcount on "Friday" - 6 (it is catchy after all)
And my favorite stat after 2 weeks of blogging I have cleared 1,100 views of the blog, all thanks to the daily viewing of my awesome friends, family, and followers.  Couldn't have done it without you.

The thing I wish I could find a way to get across in the blog the most?  Smell.  I wish there was a way to make smell visible in a blog.  Two days ago as I was driving north from Great Sand Dunes, the rain was just a small sprinkle on the great plains.  But there it was, with the window down just a crack the smell of summer rain filled the car.  If there were a way to have captured that and sent it to all of you I would have.  A few of the other noteworthy smells from the trip include the smell of fire, slash piles being burned as spring comes to an end fills the car with that warm smell of fire.   And because not all smells can take us to good places, yesterday I was trying to get to the highway out of Pueblo and I ended up on a dirt road next to a cattle auction.  A couple thousand cows in small spaces can really produce quite the smell.  And lets not forget, I smell like Canadian Bacon apparently, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

 Song of the day - Man Of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys

Lastly- Can we take a moment to cheer for the Canucks?  The boys in blue gave the Blackhawk a good fight tonight taking the series to a 2-0 lead.  GO CANUCKS GO

1 comment:

  1. So I grabbed your blog from Ben Davis and it's quite enjoyable. Your photography is beautiful. My son and I took an 8 day, 8 state, 4000 mile road trip summer before last. We also went through Crescent City and Portland. I did a blog for my family so they could follow us and it's nice to be able to pop back in and read. Your blog was so reminiscent of that time. What an awesome trip. Continue with those beautiful photos. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete