Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 19 - Rainy

Tuesday April 19th 2011
Chicago, IL

Today was quite the day for doing nothing and doing everything.  I woke up at a very leisurely pace, walked across the street and grabbed a coffee before deciding that I should figure out some things to do. I looked all around the internet and found that anything that I wanted to do in Chicago was going to cost me an arm and a leg.  Since it is very difficult to drive a car with only one leg and arm, I decided that it would just be a day of wandering around and going from coffee shop to coffee shop staying dry.

I did the standard things that people do for free in Chicago, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, and the Magnificent Mile.  It was very fun, but with the amount of rain that was coming down, it was really hard to enjoy it all.  I had a great lunch at the Fox and Obel, played some angry birds and then wandered to what may have been the highlight of Chicago for me.  The LEGO store!!! It is perfect, a store that is only there for the purpose of selling the blocks of joy!  I started talking to one of the guys who work there, talk about dream job!  He was asking what I have built and was wondering about my love of LEGO, he was pretty jealous when he heard that I have an autographed piece from Adam Tucker (who for those non-nerds is a big lego designer)

Tomorrow is a big day, I cross back into the country for a few days.  After that I am heading back south for the shuttle launch, something that after much planning I feel I need to see.   I am really unhappy to report that tonight has been a very sad day for the Canucks, very similar to a year ago when we fell to them 2-7 tonight we are down 1-7.  The broom seems to be put away for this series at least, but mark my words Chelsea Dagger wont be heard much more this year.

Im off to go play Zelda, drink beer and listen to some country music.  What else can a guy do to cheer him up from a loss like this.

Song of the day?  End Of Our Days - Howie Day

No comments:

Post a Comment