Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Cinq

Sunset, Crescent City, California.
Tuesday April 5th 2011
Crescent City, California

WOW!!!  Okay so today started off fairly non interesting, Neil and I went for breakfast, I got in the car and drove.  But then what a day it turned out to be!!   To keep it easier to read I will do some bullet points today.


  • Portland Oregon
    • Powell's Book Store, over a million books covering like 5 stories (that is a lot of books for the same 5 stories) The photo section was so overwhelming that after an hour I couldn't choose! 
    • The city itself is amazing, like Vancouver but smaller and a bit more interesting... a lot more.
  • The drive
    • Jon and I listened to some quality music as the weather went from rain to shine
  • Grants Pass - Crescent City
    • Well thats where my life got amazing!  The Redwood highway is about 80 miles long, and starts off  up in the mountains, before joining the river and dumping you out at the ocean.  
    • One corner I came around all of the sudden opens up into super old growth trees, we're talking wider than a car
  • Crescent City
    • I set up my tent at the KOA and then made a direct line for the ocean.  I pulled up and ran to the edge of the shore, nobody around, the sun just saying goodnight.  Like any epic movie scene I walked to the edge of this cliff and just yelled at the top of my lungs!!
Well I am settling in for what looks to be a very cold night of camping, Walmart stop for blankets today will be greatly appreciated!   Speaking of which, Val the cashier at Walmart was about the nicest person you could meet.  (She told me my hair was the most beautiful hair she had ever seen on a man)

Musical Choice of the day?  Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley 

Cheers! 

Couch host number 1 - Neil Branson

Dashboard surfing

River along the Redwood Highway

Crescent Beach 

Braden and Jon do Cali!!! 

Redwood Highway!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment