Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 9

Hoover Dam, Arizona side.
Saturday April 9th 2011
St. George Utah.

I was refreshed and relaxed after a great sleep at the Monte Carlo last night, The city doesn't ever sleep though.  Even when I woke up at 8 and headed out for a stroll there were people going at it!

I headed to Hoover Dam for a morning of entertainment, and what a structure that is!  considering when it was built ( over 75 years ago) it is massive, and just the scale of everything is outrageous.  There is a whole lot of concrete there.  I spent about an hour and a half at the dam itself, then headed up to the bridge that just opened in the fall above it.  WOW it is also pretty amazing, 880ft to the river below, and it is a little terrifying standing there and looking down.  

My day today was a fairly relaxed drive after the dam, just 2 hours up to St. George where I am staying with another Couch host, he is in a band and the schedule for tonight looks like we are going to a concert of his! Can you say Awesome.  I am pretty excited, after all music is excellent.  I just overheard that this is the terrible weather for April in Utah... Camping could suck tomorrow, stay tuned!

Music of the day - hmm tough one today, lets say New Slang - The shins.

Arizona Time on the Dam

Nevada Time also on the Dam

The new bridge, huge right? 

Dam... Hoover Dam

No comments:

Post a Comment